Friday, December 3, 2010

Artisan Snapshot: Samantha Barsky of noteify


  • Who are you? And what drives you to create?!
I am a freelance art director/designer and a crafter/creator of the stationery line, note•ify. I love to create things from photos to cards to big messes.
I consider my work Farm Chic, inspired by the farms and animals I run across in my life.  Most all of my cards are based on my original photography, so I spend a lot of time around animals, but I like people too!
 When and why did you start your Etsy shop?
I started my Etsy shop in 2006 before anyone really knew what Etsy was.  I wanted to try selling the note cards and gift tags that I had been making for my friends and family who kept saying, "You should sell these."
How do you combat "creative blocks" in your life?
I leave my apartment.  I work from home, so I spend a lot of time there.  I get outside and take a walk with my camera, or I drive out to the coast, go to the zoo, or visit some farms in Petaluma.
To find out more about Samantha & her wonderful wares, feel free to click on the links: 



Check out noteify & 16 other artists at Winter Wonderland Craft Bazaar - Saturday December 4th, from 1PM to 9 PM at Urban Bazaar (1371 9th Ave, San Francisco).

No comments:

Post a Comment